Streit, Anderson set October date
Gary and Janelle Streit are happy to announce the engagement of their daughter Leanna Marie to Rocky Lee Anderson, son of Tom Anderson, Concordia, and Denise Anderson, Smith Center.
The bride is a 2010 graduate of Tipton Catholic High School. She earned her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Washburn University in 2014. She works as a registered nurse in the Intensive Care Unit at St. Francis Hospital in Topeka.
The groom graduated from Concordia High School in 2006. He attended Hutchinson Community College and the University of Oklahoma. He is employed as a commercial loan officer at Alliance Bank in Topeka.
The couple plans to
exchange marriage vows on
October 15, 2016 at St.
Boniface Catholic Church in
BELOIT – Jennifer and Todd Adolph will celebrate 25 years of marriage. The former Jennifer Newton and Todd Adolph were united in marriage at Olph Church in Concordia on August 10, 1991. Todd is the manager of Ray’s Apple Market in Beloit and Jennifer... [More]
BELOIT – Richard and Dora Lee Williams of Beloit will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary Sunday, July 31, with a reception from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Beloit Country Club, 3167 Hallie Trail, Beloit. All are welcome. Richard and the former Dora Lee Morrell were... [More]
One shouldn’t ask a woman her age but Kathryn Eilert’s four children, ten grandchildren and 17 great-grandchildren were telling. The matriarch of their family was 99 and a half years old, that rounds up to 100 and a celebration was in order. With the actual... [More]
- Post named Blue Key member
- King completes Advanced School of Banking
- The Graduate School offers an extensive program including more than 40 master’s degrees that offer study in more than 100 areas; a specialist in education degree; and doctoral degrees in applied mathematics; audiology; chemistry; communication scie
- Cox receives 4-H leadership scholarship
- Local FHSU students complete degrees
- Koops graduates from Bethel University
- Menhusen named to Dean’s list
- Area CCCC students complete certificates
Former Kansas Sen. Bob Dole has received the Congressional Gold Medal, the highest civilian honor, for his service to the country as a "soldier, legislator and statesman. United States President Trump presented the award to Dole on Thursday, Jan. 18, at Capital Hill. ... [More]
TIPTON – According to a Mitchell County Sheriff's Office press release, authorities responded to a call at 10:47 p.m. on Sunday night, Jan. 21, for a report of gun shots fired at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Tipton. After further investigation, Randel... [More]
OSBORNE – On Friday, Oct. 19 at approximately 2:42 p.m., Joel W. Wagoner escaped from the Osborne County Jail. According to the county authorities, as of Monday morning, he is still at large and was wearing standard orange pants and shirt and a dark blue cotton blanket... [More]
BELOIT – The Beloit Trojans wrestling team was host to the 48th Annual Beloit Invitational on Friday and Saturday. Beloit placed 17th overall as a team scoring 49 points out of 21 teams as they struggled during a tough fought tournament. Blue Valley Southwest... [More]
Sterling tops Lady Trojans in tournament championship / Johnson and Hubert named to all-tournament team
STERLING – The Beloit Lady Trojans finished out the 2018 Sterling Invitational Tournament on Friday night as the runner-up as they fell to the host Sterling Lady Black Bears 59-48. Beloit earned their way in the final with a 63-51 victory over Remington on Thursday.... [More]
- Lady Blujays VB runner-up at Rock Hills Tournament
- Blujay's CC place second
- Lady Trojans cross country place third
- Division II All-Stars come back for 28-20 OT win
- St. John's golf underway
- Trojan golfers place third in host Beloit Invitational
- KMF to host 33rd All-State Marching Band
- 2016 Sunflower State Games announces first deadline