Streit, Anderson set October date
Gary and Janelle Streit are happy to announce the engagement of their daughter Leanna Marie to Rocky Lee Anderson, son of Tom Anderson, Concordia, and Denise Anderson, Smith Center.
The bride is a 2010 graduate of Tipton Catholic High School. She earned her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Washburn University in 2014. She works as a registered nurse in the Intensive Care Unit at St. Francis Hospital in Topeka.
The groom graduated from Concordia High School in 2006. He attended Hutchinson Community College and the University of Oklahoma. He is employed as a commercial loan officer at Alliance Bank in Topeka.
The couple plans to
exchange marriage vows on
October 15, 2016 at St.
Boniface Catholic Church in
BELOIT – Jennifer and Todd Adolph will celebrate 25 years of marriage. The former Jennifer Newton and Todd Adolph were united in marriage at Olph Church in Concordia on August 10, 1991. Todd is the manager of Ray’s Apple Market in Beloit and Jennifer... [More]
BELOIT – Richard and Dora Lee Williams of Beloit will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary Sunday, July 31, with a reception from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Beloit Country Club, 3167 Hallie Trail, Beloit. All are welcome. Richard and the former Dora Lee Morrell were... [More]
One shouldn’t ask a woman her age but Kathryn Eilert’s four children, ten grandchildren and 17 great-grandchildren were telling. The matriarch of their family was 99 and a half years old, that rounds up to 100 and a celebration was in order. With the actual... [More]
- Post named Blue Key member
- King completes Advanced School of Banking
- The Graduate School offers an extensive program including more than 40 master’s degrees that offer study in more than 100 areas; a specialist in education degree; and doctoral degrees in applied mathematics; audiology; chemistry; communication scie
- Cox receives 4-H leadership scholarship
- Local FHSU students complete degrees
- Koops graduates from Bethel University
- Menhusen named to Dean’s list
- Area CCCC students complete certificates
BELOIT – Rolling Hills Electric Cooperative, Inc. held their 16th annual meeting recently at its corporate headquarters, 3075B US Hwy 24, Beloit. May is electrical safety month and so demonstrations were incorporated into the meeting. Rolling Hills also wanted... [More]
When freshman Jared Long ran for a senate seat in the Association of Students of the University of Nebraska with the Amplify team, he didn’t expect to become the new speaker of the senate. A double major in journalism and political science, Long planned to represent... [More]
BELOIT – Even as community members and businesses have responded in recent months to fill the shelves at the Mitchell County Food Pantry, the Beloit Ministerial Alliance worries it will not be able to continue to meet the needs of families in crisis. “Our cash... [More]
CLAY CENTER – The Beloit Lady Trojans saw their season record slip to 2-4 on Tuesday after being swept in double-header action on the road against the Clay Center Lady Tigers. Both teams were strong on the mound on Tuesday, but Clay Center was just a little more effective... [More]
BELOIT – Beloit High School senior, Sydney Johnson, signed a letter of intent with the University of Missouri Track and Field team on Thursday and will suit up as a Lady Tiger during the upcoming season in the fall. This follows after Johnson's impressive Lady Trojan... [More]
- St. John’s athletes place in NPL Powerlifting meet
- St. John's/Tipton finish just short at State appearance / Gates ends season in 22 point Lady Jay contest
- Blujay boys comeback win over the Stangs
- Lady Blujays VB runner-up at Rock Hills Tournament
- Blujay's CC place second
- Lady Trojans cross country place third
- Division II All-Stars come back for 28-20 OT win
- St. John's golf underway