Streit, Anderson set October date
Gary and Janelle Streit are happy to announce the engagement of their daughter Leanna Marie to Rocky Lee Anderson, son of Tom Anderson, Concordia, and Denise Anderson, Smith Center.
The bride is a 2010 graduate of Tipton Catholic High School. She earned her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Washburn University in 2014. She works as a registered nurse in the Intensive Care Unit at St. Francis Hospital in Topeka.
The groom graduated from Concordia High School in 2006. He attended Hutchinson Community College and the University of Oklahoma. He is employed as a commercial loan officer at Alliance Bank in Topeka.
The couple plans to
exchange marriage vows on
October 15, 2016 at St.
Boniface Catholic Church in
BELOIT – Jennifer and Todd Adolph will celebrate 25 years of marriage. The former Jennifer Newton and Todd Adolph were united in marriage at Olph Church in Concordia on August 10, 1991. Todd is the manager of Ray’s Apple Market in Beloit and Jennifer... [More]
BELOIT – Richard and Dora Lee Williams of Beloit will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary Sunday, July 31, with a reception from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Beloit Country Club, 3167 Hallie Trail, Beloit. All are welcome. Richard and the former Dora Lee Morrell were... [More]
One shouldn’t ask a woman her age but Kathryn Eilert’s four children, ten grandchildren and 17 great-grandchildren were telling. The matriarch of their family was 99 and a half years old, that rounds up to 100 and a celebration was in order. With the actual... [More]
- Post named Blue Key member
- King completes Advanced School of Banking
- The Graduate School offers an extensive program including more than 40 master’s degrees that offer study in more than 100 areas; a specialist in education degree; and doctoral degrees in applied mathematics; audiology; chemistry; communication scie
- Cox receives 4-H leadership scholarship
- Local FHSU students complete degrees
- Koops graduates from Bethel University
- Menhusen named to Dean’s list
- Area CCCC students complete certificates
Hazel Peterson has lived through 18 United States presidents, seen the effects of the "Dirty Thirties" era, the Vietnam War and WWII and was born in 1917, just one and a half months before the start of WWI. She is the oldest 1935 Beloit High School graduate still living,... [More]
Ron Marozas, Beloit, is not only celebrating 50 years as a registered official this season but his 40th year as a volleyball official and recently celebrated his 50th year wedding anniversary with his wife Kathy. The couple moved to Beloit during the 1981-82 school... [More]
BELOIT – A Community Blood Drive is scheduled to take place from 12 to 6 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 5 and again from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 6. Longtime Beloit resident, Denis Shumate loved his family and giving back to his community. Denis was also... [More]
SOUTH DAKOTA – Bob Severance, Beloit, won five gold medals at the South Dakota Senior Games held Sept. 7-10 in Sioux Falls. Competing as part of the 90-94 age group, Severance swam in the 50-meter freestyle, backstroke, and breaststroke, and in the 100-meter freestyle... [More]
BENNINGTON – The St. John's/Tipton Blujay football team roster of 16 are now 1-2 on the season after their Friday loss to the Bennington Bulldogs, 56-6. The Bulldogs remain undefeated at 3-0 and will now face Thunder Ridge in their next contest. The Longhorns... [More]
- Blujay's CC place second
- Lady Trojans cross country place third
- Division II All-Stars come back for 28-20 OT win
- St. John's golf underway
- Trojan golfers place third in host Beloit Invitational
- KMF to host 33rd All-State Marching Band
- 2016 Sunflower State Games announces first deadline
- Kansas bicycle maps available