Local FHSU students complete degrees
HAYS – Several area students are among the 2,111 who completed associate, bachelor’s or graduate degrees at Fort Hays State University in the spring 2016 semester.
The graduates include 374 graduate degrees (master’s and education specialists) and 1,737 undergraduate degrees.
Josephine Jaye Burke, a Bachelor of Science in business education (corporate communication).
Susan Amanda Grabon, a Bachelor of Science in communication sciences and disorders.
Laura Jean Lorenz, a Bachelor of Science in business education (corporate communication).
Danielle Marie Overmiller, a Bachelor of Business Administration in management.
Jase Ryan Sporleder, a Master of Business Administration.
Ashley Marlene Wiles, a Bachelor of Arts in
communication (advertising) and a Bachelor of Fine Arts (graphic design).
Darci Seehafer, a Bachelor of Science in elementary education.
Mckenzie Renea Wiles, a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
Kristin Ann Wagner, a Bachelor of Science in medical diagnostic imaging.
Chelsey L. Oliver, a Bachelor of Fine Arts (graphic design).
Jessica Jolene Freeman, a Bachelor of Science in biology (wildlife biology).
Katie May Muirhead, an Associate of Science in radiologic technology and a Bachelor of Science in medical diagnostic imaging.
Jennifer Ann Urbaniak, a Bachelor of General Studies (general business).
BELOIT – Jennifer and Todd Adolph will celebrate 25 years of marriage. The former Jennifer Newton and Todd Adolph were united in marriage at Olph Church in Concordia on August 10, 1991. Todd is the manager of Ray’s Apple Market in Beloit and Jennifer... [More]
BELOIT – Richard and Dora Lee Williams of Beloit will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary Sunday, July 31, with a reception from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Beloit Country Club, 3167 Hallie Trail, Beloit. All are welcome. Richard and the former Dora Lee Morrell were... [More]
One shouldn’t ask a woman her age but Kathryn Eilert’s four children, ten grandchildren and 17 great-grandchildren were telling. The matriarch of their family was 99 and a half years old, that rounds up to 100 and a celebration was in order. With the actual... [More]
- Post named Blue Key member
- Streit, Anderson set October date
- King completes Advanced School of Banking
- The Graduate School offers an extensive program including more than 40 master’s degrees that offer study in more than 100 areas; a specialist in education degree; and doctoral degrees in applied mathematics; audiology; chemistry; communication scie
- Cox receives 4-H leadership scholarship
- Koops graduates from Bethel University
- Menhusen named to Dean’s list
- Area CCCC students complete certificates
BELOIT – A total of 1,463 voters at 36.2 percent cast their ballots at the Mitchell County polls during the 2018 Primary Election on Tuesday. There were 224 advance voters and a total of 30 provisional ballots. The State Rep. Susan Concannon of Beloit and... [More]
BELOIT - Artwork of all different types of media is what Sharon Hesket Sahlfeld enjoys the most. Although, most of her work is stored away inside her head, she hopes to transfer those images onto canvas, paper, sculptures, woodwork, clay and leather in the upcoming years. ... [More]
The Beloit City Council conducted their business meeting Tuesday evening, August 7. All councilors were present as was the mayor, the city manager, the city attorney and the city clerk. Heather Hartman, Solomon Valley Economic Director, reported on the Community Development... [More]
BELLEVILLE – The District 1 third place Beloit Marauders won their first round at the Pee Wee State baseball contest on Tuesday with a win over the District 4 Hanover team, 3-1 and will now face their home-town District 2 champions Beloit Venom team tonight (Wednesday)... [More]
BELOIT – Three baseball teams will be representing Beloit this week during the Pee Wee State tournaments, from Monday, July 16 to Friday, July 20, in host Belleville being played in two fields at the south fairgrounds and the Lions Field. Beloit teams including... [More]
- 8-Man Division II East All Stars over West 50-12 / Win for East Coach Don Melby caps 40 year coaching career
- St. John’s athletes place in NPL Powerlifting meet
- St. John's/Tipton finish just short at State appearance / Gates ends season in 22 point Lady Jay contest
- Blujay boys comeback win over the Stangs
- Lady Blujays VB runner-up at Rock Hills Tournament
- Blujay's CC place second
- Lady Trojans cross country place third
- Division II All-Stars come back for 28-20 OT win