Commissioners approve multi-county bridge project
BELOIT – The Mitchell County Commissioners met on Monday morning in Beloit as Director of Public Works, Dale Housh, presented an inter-local agreement for a bridge project on the Mitchell/Jewell County line. The bridge is located 1.5 miles west and 4.5 miles north of Glen Elder over Limestone Creek.
Schwab-Eaton will be performing preliminary engineering work for the project. A start date for the project will be set after the engineering protocols are completed.
– Emergency Medical Service (EMS) Director Eric Hamel appeared and requested to purchase 17 coats for EMS staff at $375 each. The request was approved. Hamel also met with the commissioners in executive session, but no official decisions were made as a result.
– The commissioners approved Frank and Michael Ohnsat to move an 18,000-gallon anhydrous tank from Carr Creek Township to the Hunter area. The commissioners then held an executive session with County IT Specialist Jeff Roberg. No official decisions were made coming out of that closed session.
– The commissioners adjourned to travel to Smith Center for a quarterly four-county meeting with the commissioners and clerks of Jewell, Osborne and Smith Counties. The group discussed topics including recent elections, solid waste operations, solid waste fees, courthouse maintenance and IT personnel for the counties. Jewell County will be the host county for the next Multi-County Meeting on Monday, March 5.
BELOIT – The Mitchell County Commissioners met on Monday morning Feb. 12. During the meeting, the the upcoming Cawker Causeway project was discussed, via telephone, with federal project manager Bob Bowden. Commissioner Tom Claussen noted that the contractor’s... [More]
BELOIT – An over abundance of deer in the City of Beloit warrants awareness to people when traveling on the roads. Deer have been seemingly over populated around Beloit including Independence Avenue, towards and off of Highway 14 coming into town, where... [More]
Business as usual in Glen Elder / Outdoor Memories, Taxidermy and Sporting Goods opening on Saturday
After Wayne's Sporting Goods in Glen Elder closed it's door on Jan. 1, Austin Hamilton made the decision to purchase the building from the city to continue business for the community. The new business, (Outdoor Memories, Taxidermy and Sporting Goods), will have a grand opening... [More]
BELOIT – The Beloit Trojans were host to Sacred Heart on Tuesday for Senior night. The Lady Trojans defeated the Lady Knights after outscoring 15-10 in the opening and 16-3 in the second quarter for the 31-13 half-time lead. Beloit scored 11-9 in the third quarter... [More]
Friday night the St. John's Tipton Lady Blujays played their last game of this season at Tipton when they welcomed the Lady Kats from Chase. For the Lady Jays the game had added importance as it was the Tipton Homecoming. Lady Jays won the league game 49-29. "We came... [More]
- Lady Blujays VB runner-up at Rock Hills Tournament
- Blujay's CC place second
- Lady Trojans cross country place third
- Division II All-Stars come back for 28-20 OT win
- St. John's golf underway
- Trojan golfers place third in host Beloit Invitational
- KMF to host 33rd All-State Marching Band
- 2016 Sunflower State Games announces first deadline
Dear Editor, The American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life (RFL) event has been an important part of our community over the past several years for our loved ones who have fought cancer as well as a fundraiser for cancer research. Each year our group of volunteers... [More]