Commissioners approve multi-county bridge project
BELOIT – The Mitchell County Commissioners met on Monday morning in Beloit as Director of Public Works, Dale Housh, presented an inter-local agreement for a bridge project on the Mitchell/Jewell County line. The bridge is located 1.5 miles west and 4.5 miles north of Glen Elder over Limestone Creek.
Schwab-Eaton will be performing preliminary engineering work for the project. A start date for the project will be set after the engineering protocols are completed.
– Emergency Medical Service (EMS) Director Eric Hamel appeared and requested to purchase 17 coats for EMS staff at $375 each. The request was approved. Hamel also met with the commissioners in executive session, but no official decisions were made as a result.
– The commissioners approved Frank and Michael Ohnsat to move an 18,000-gallon anhydrous tank from Carr Creek Township to the Hunter area. The commissioners then held an executive session with County IT Specialist Jeff Roberg. No official decisions were made coming out of that closed session.
– The commissioners adjourned to travel to Smith Center for a quarterly four-county meeting with the commissioners and clerks of Jewell, Osborne and Smith Counties. The group discussed topics including recent elections, solid waste operations, solid waste fees, courthouse maintenance and IT personnel for the counties. Jewell County will be the host county for the next Multi-County Meeting on Monday, March 5.
BELOIT – Rolling Hills Electric Cooperative, Inc. held their 16th annual meeting recently at its corporate headquarters, 3075B US Hwy 24, Beloit. May is electrical safety month and so demonstrations were incorporated into the meeting. Rolling Hills also wanted... [More]
When freshman Jared Long ran for a senate seat in the Association of Students of the University of Nebraska with the Amplify team, he didn’t expect to become the new speaker of the senate. A double major in journalism and political science, Long planned to represent... [More]
BELOIT – Even as community members and businesses have responded in recent months to fill the shelves at the Mitchell County Food Pantry, the Beloit Ministerial Alliance worries it will not be able to continue to meet the needs of families in crisis. “Our cash... [More]
CLAY CENTER – The Beloit Lady Trojans saw their season record slip to 2-4 on Tuesday after being swept in double-header action on the road against the Clay Center Lady Tigers. Both teams were strong on the mound on Tuesday, but Clay Center was just a little more effective... [More]
BELOIT – Beloit High School senior, Sydney Johnson, signed a letter of intent with the University of Missouri Track and Field team on Thursday and will suit up as a Lady Tiger during the upcoming season in the fall. This follows after Johnson's impressive Lady Trojan... [More]
- St. John’s athletes place in NPL Powerlifting meet
- St. John's/Tipton finish just short at State appearance / Gates ends season in 22 point Lady Jay contest
- Blujay boys comeback win over the Stangs
- Lady Blujays VB runner-up at Rock Hills Tournament
- Blujay's CC place second
- Lady Trojans cross country place third
- Division II All-Stars come back for 28-20 OT win
- St. John's golf underway
Dear Editor, The American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life (RFL) event has been an important part of our community over the past several years for our loved ones who have fought cancer as well as a fundraiser for cancer research. Each year our group of volunteers... [More]