Commissioners approve multi-county bridge project
BELOIT – The Mitchell County Commissioners met on Monday morning in Beloit as Director of Public Works, Dale Housh, presented an inter-local agreement for a bridge project on the Mitchell/Jewell County line. The bridge is located 1.5 miles west and 4.5 miles north of Glen Elder over Limestone Creek.
Schwab-Eaton will be performing preliminary engineering work for the project. A start date for the project will be set after the engineering protocols are completed.
– Emergency Medical Service (EMS) Director Eric Hamel appeared and requested to purchase 17 coats for EMS staff at $375 each. The request was approved. Hamel also met with the commissioners in executive session, but no official decisions were made as a result.
– The commissioners approved Frank and Michael Ohnsat to move an 18,000-gallon anhydrous tank from Carr Creek Township to the Hunter area. The commissioners then held an executive session with County IT Specialist Jeff Roberg. No official decisions were made coming out of that closed session.
– The commissioners adjourned to travel to Smith Center for a quarterly four-county meeting with the commissioners and clerks of Jewell, Osborne and Smith Counties. The group discussed topics including recent elections, solid waste operations, solid waste fees, courthouse maintenance and IT personnel for the counties. Jewell County will be the host county for the next Multi-County Meeting on Monday, March 5.
Paul Daily, presented a horse training program recently at the Mitchell County Fairgrounds through a God based philosophy on Trust, Faith, Obedience and Love. The crowd attending watched as a two year old pasture filly, with not much human experience was broke... [More]
As the saying goes, "An act of kindness goes a long way". With that said it is understandable why Jay Rowh will be receiving the Leadership Mitchell County Community Service Award during the banquet at 5:30 p.m. on Saturday, July 28. The event will take place at the North Central... [More]
BELOIT – Several events are being presented for a weekend event on Saturday, September 8 in Beloit. Starting at 7 a.m., the North Central Kansas Wellness Center will host the Solomon Valley River Race with a 15 mile bike race. Awards will be given at 9:30 a.m. and a... [More]
BELOIT – The Beloit Blue K-18 baseball team are now 6-3 on the season after placing third in the host Twin Lakes League baseball tournament on Saturday. The number one seed Smith Center team won the league championship over Runner-Up, number two seed Waconda, 13-9 in... [More]
BELOIT – The Beloit Blue K-18 team are now 5-3 after their regular season win over Smith Center, 12-4 on Monday. Beloit will now host the K-18 Twin Lakes League tournament which started on Thursday. The Blues are seed number three and will face the number two seed Waconda... [More]
- 8-Man Division II East All Stars over West 50-12 / Win for East Coach Don Melby caps 40 year coaching career
- St. John’s athletes place in NPL Powerlifting meet
- St. John's/Tipton finish just short at State appearance / Gates ends season in 22 point Lady Jay contest
- Blujay boys comeback win over the Stangs
- Lady Blujays VB runner-up at Rock Hills Tournament
- Blujay's CC place second
- Lady Trojans cross country place third
- Division II All-Stars come back for 28-20 OT win
Dear Editor, The American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life (RFL) event has been an important part of our community over the past several years for our loved ones who have fought cancer as well as a fundraiser for cancer research. Each year our group of volunteers... [More]