Commissioners approve multi-county bridge project
BELOIT – The Mitchell County Commissioners met on Monday morning in Beloit as Director of Public Works, Dale Housh, presented an inter-local agreement for a bridge project on the Mitchell/Jewell County line. The bridge is located 1.5 miles west and 4.5 miles north of Glen Elder over Limestone Creek.
Schwab-Eaton will be performing preliminary engineering work for the project. A start date for the project will be set after the engineering protocols are completed.
– Emergency Medical Service (EMS) Director Eric Hamel appeared and requested to purchase 17 coats for EMS staff at $375 each. The request was approved. Hamel also met with the commissioners in executive session, but no official decisions were made as a result.
– The commissioners approved Frank and Michael Ohnsat to move an 18,000-gallon anhydrous tank from Carr Creek Township to the Hunter area. The commissioners then held an executive session with County IT Specialist Jeff Roberg. No official decisions were made coming out of that closed session.
– The commissioners adjourned to travel to Smith Center for a quarterly four-county meeting with the commissioners and clerks of Jewell, Osborne and Smith Counties. The group discussed topics including recent elections, solid waste operations, solid waste fees, courthouse maintenance and IT personnel for the counties. Jewell County will be the host county for the next Multi-County Meeting on Monday, March 5.
BELOIT – An aerial photograph of the St. John’s Catholic Church has been traveling around the social media for some time now and recently attracted the attention of the KSN TV News station in Wichita. The photo depicts the St. John’s architectural... [More]
WICHITA – The KSN TV News station will highlight the Chautauqua Isle of Lights event on Thursday, Dec. 14 during their 6 p.m. newscast. After visiting the Catholic Church for a possible January spotlight feature, the crew of Anchorwoman/Reporter Stephanie... [More]
SALINA – Saline County Sheriff’s deputies arrested Jay Arthur Mott, 44 of Beloit, on Thursday after following an investigation into a stolen pickup found in Bridgeport. According to the Salina Post, Sheriff Roger Soldan said that deputies were dispatched... [More]
CLAY CENTER – The Beloit Trojans took to the road to face the Clay Center Tigers on Tuesday night and came away with the 61-39 win. Things got off to a fairly slow start for both teams, but a Zach Meier basket for Beloit gave them a 5-4 lead near the midpoint of the... [More]
CLAY CENTER – The Beloit Lady Trojans faced their first road test of the season against the 4A Division II No. 3 ranked Clay Center Lady Tigers. It was the first of five road games for Beloit coming off a 69-57 win against 4A state ranked Concordia to open the season... [More]
- Lady Blujays VB runner-up at Rock Hills Tournament
- Blujay's CC place second
- Lady Trojans cross country place third
- Division II All-Stars come back for 28-20 OT win
- St. John's golf underway
- Trojan golfers place third in host Beloit Invitational
- KMF to host 33rd All-State Marching Band
- 2016 Sunflower State Games announces first deadline
Dear Editor, The American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life (RFL) event has been an important part of our community over the past several years for our loved ones who have fought cancer as well as a fundraiser for cancer research. Each year our group of volunteers... [More]